Write a review
- 6 ea. 6 oz. Filet Mignons, thawed
- 3/4 lb. firm fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 9 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 tsp. flour Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream, heated
- 6 slices French bread
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup scotch
- Remove filets from package and set aside.
- Heat 3 Tbsp. butter in large saute pan, over medium heat. Sauté the mushrooms for about 8-10 minutes. Add flour, blend well. Stir in warmed cream, reduce heat to keep warm. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a separate pan, heat 2 Tbsp. of oil on medium high heat. Sauté the filets for 2-1/2 minutes per side for rare, 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Meanwhile in a separate pan, heat 6 Tbsp. butter over medium high heat. Add the bread slices, turning often until golden brown. Place one bread slice on each serving plate. Top each bread slice with a cooked filet. Add the scotch to filet pan juices and boil 1-2 minutes. Add mushroom sauce to pan with scotch and bring to a boil. Spoon sauce over filets and serve.
Wine Pairing Recommendations
TWISTED TWIG WINERY CORPORATION http://twistedtwigwinery.com/