Write a review
- 8 oz. Manicotti Shells, uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 tbsp. basil
- 3/4 tsp. pepper
- 16 oz. part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 cups low-sodium tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- Prepare manicotti according to package directions; while pasta is cooking, squeeze all the water out of the spinach. When pasta is done, drain and set aside. Preheat oven to 350-o F.
- Mix together ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and egg substitute. Stir in remaining ingredients except tomato sauce. Spoon the cheese mixture into the manicotti shells and lay in a 9 x 13-inch pan and a 9 x 9-inch pan, or a pan large enough to hold all stuffed manicotti. Cover with tomato sauce and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake 20 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 15 minutes, until cheese is golden brown.
Wine Pairing Recommendations
TWISTED TWIG WINERY CORPORATION http://twistedtwigwinery.com/