Write a review
- 8 Smart Organic chicken drumsticks
- 1 yellow onion, julienned
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 quart Pacific brand free range chicken broth
- 2 each 14-ounce cans Hatch Green Chili Enchilada Sauce
- 1 pound Boar's Head 3 Pepper Colby cheese, shredded
- ½ pound Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 package of 6-inch Mi Abuelita Green Chili corn tortillas
- Dry the chicken drumsticks thoroughly with paper towels. Sear the Chicken in a small amount of oil on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onions to the pan and cook until onions start to brown. Add the dry spices and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the chicken back to the pan and add the Free range chicken broth; then bring to a low simmer. Let braise until liquid in pan is reduced by ⅔. Add ½ of a can (7 oz.) of the Hatch Green Chili sauce and simmer for another 15 minutes. When removed from the pan, the chicken should almost fall off the bone. Strip the meat from the chicken with a fork , careful to leave all bones, tendons, and skin out of the final product.
- Brush tortilla on both sides with the remaining sauce of the first can. Fill with a mixture of chicken and Boar's Head 3 Pepper cheese roll.
- Pour ¼ of the second can of sauce on the bottom of a 12"-x-6" pan. Place rolled enchilada seam side down in the pan; repeat this step until all ten tortillas are stuffed.
- Pour remaining sauce over the tortillas and top with remaining 3 Pepper cheese and the Cotjita cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 400°F oven for 15 minutes. Uncover and cook or an additional 5 minutes until the cheese is slightly browned.
Wine Pairing Recommendations
TWISTED TWIG WINERY CORPORATION https://twistedtwigwinery.com/